Since January 2019, Tallinn University of Technology is a member of NORDTEK which is a network of technical universities in the Nordic and Baltic coutries. The aim of this network is to develop competitiveness of the universities, to maintain a high level and to increase the interest of young people in engineering.
Starting from this year, all TalTech students who are studying in the field of architecture or engineering can apply for studies abroad (1 or 2 semesters) to the partner universities in Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Latvia and Lithuania.
HOW TO APPLY?
TalTech students can apply during the main application round in February through OIS system.
Additional application round might open in September (only for Spring semester).
- Students have to follow the requirements stated by TalTech and their Schools, see Application Info;
- Scholarships are not granted for studies in a country that the applicant is a citizen of and has his/her high school diploma or its equivalent form;
- To follow courses at bachelor’s level the student must have completed at least two years of studies within engineering (i.e. 120 ECTS) by the beginning of his/her exchange term;
- To follow courses at master’s level, the student must have completed what compares to three years of university studies within a relevant engineering programme (i.e. 180 ECTS) by the beginning of his/her exchange term;
- If the stay is cancelled prematurely or cut short, the corresponding part of the scholarship is to be paid back.
All students get the same grant amount irrespectively from where they come and to where they go. The standard amount for each semester is maximum 1480€, according to Nordplus regulations. However, the scholarship amount per student can also be less if the total funding available for scholarships is insufficient.
- Aalto University
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Tampere University
- University of Oulu
- University of Vaasa
- Åbo Akademi University
- University of Turku
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- University of Stavanger
- University of Agder
- UiT The Arctic University of Norway